Nuffnang

Welcome Notes from the Author

This Blog is solely private property of Hanz & TheHoneybunch.All the contents are based on the life we lead and sharing from what I learnt & read. We love homeschool and are happily homeschooling our boys aged 7, 3 and a baby for the past 7 years.

We welcome you to share as we would never stop learning because we believe the world is our classroom. Thank you.



Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hambali can read at 32 months!

I've shared our great discovery yesterday among friends via Facebook.

It was wednesday night that when I was making word-only-no picture flash cards, Hambali entered my bedroom and after his usual greeting of 'Hi' to me, he flipped over those stack cards on the floor and get hold one card with the word 'black' on it. He started to spell b-l-a-c-k and I ignore the spelling action as he usually did that but when he immediately said the word 'BLACK!', I was totally surprised. I stopped from my work and just observed his next action.

He took another card and there was brown word on it. He did the same and said 'BROWN'! So, I lured more cards to him and he continued spelling and read RED, BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW, WHITE, ORANGE and PURPLE.

Hubby suggested let's tested him with impromptu writing instead. So, this morning we did this and captured this great moments in a video.





Updated: More video Hambali reading


Alhamdulillah...I was proud because I did'nt teach him reading yet and not even spelling. All I did all these time was just reading to him. I was planning to start giving him lesson on reading structuredly when he was showing so much enthusiasm in reading all the books available in his bedroom most of the time. So that was the intention of the homemade flashcards. Little did we knew that all this while Hambali had taught himself to read. The self-motivated and self-taught reader that is our Hambali is.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...