Nuffnang

Welcome Notes from the Author

This Blog is solely private property of Hanz & TheHoneybunch.All the contents are based on the life we lead and sharing from what I learnt & read. We love homeschool and are happily homeschooling our boys aged 7, 3 and a baby for the past 7 years.

We welcome you to share as we would never stop learning because we believe the world is our classroom. Thank you.



Friday, March 18, 2011

Who said Book is Boring?




Ask yourself,"Do I read?". Then ask yourself again,"Do I REALLY read?" Two self-prodded questions will obtain two different answers though it SOUNDS almost the same. Be honest with yourself.

Now, ask yourself again,"Do I want my little ones to read? Do I REALLY want my little ones to REALLY read?"

If the answer is positive, read on my chat or else just go blog-hop to others. My chat onwards specifically to those who want their loved little ones to LOVE BOOKS & LOVE READING.

It happened to me that few people did asked what types of books is suitable for their child. I came across as well in forums & blogs, parents are unsure on how to read to their child & how to make their child love reading. You can pick some guidelines from my previous 'chat' which I had covered about reading to baby & toddler, then I shared some techniques to instill a love of reading & latest was reading to preschooler. I did chat about my books collections too in general. Perhaps a comprehensive show & tell of what types of books available for children can provide some insights to you.



I will chat randomly, but the suitability, you have to decide. If there is any more Qs, bring it on. Here we go.

1. Cloth book


2. Baby-sized board book


3) Lift-the-flap book


4) Funny-shaped book


5) Pop-Up (3-D) Book




6) Electronic book (Book with sound)



7) Floaty book (Bath-time book)
- Adding fun during bath-time! One made from durable plastic & the other made from foam-like material.


8) Activity book
- The one that we have is Jigsaw Puzzle book. I've been thinking to add Wipe-Off book for my boys.


9) Create Your Own book
- Specially made for our 1stborn, Hanafi. Obtained it from a good friend of mine who is doing this type of service business.


10) Multi-purpose book
- I, myself simply love this. Purchased it for Hanafi, now it last to Hambali. It's like a toy-book!





It can be hung like at the stroller, carseat, crib & baby cot. Here I just hang it at the door (for snap-pics only)





It can be chew too!









See the 4 corners of the book with different textures & colours? It's good for baby that is in teething stage.














It is also touch & feel book. Can you see the cute little butterfly? It is also in contrast colour black & white, cater for newborn eyesight.



11) Captivating illustration & typeface book


12) Just 'ERIC CARLEs"
- My Favourite Among All. Just look & you will know why




Get the Rhyme book (I adore Dr Seuss), The Big Size Book (Storyteller like to use this), Sticker Book & plenty more. Scrapbooking is also an 'in' thing nowadays & one of the activities you can do with your child.

By now you can see that there's HUGE varieties of books available for children. Just take your pick. Well, I don't think I have cover the whole topic of types of book & for sure I miss the other types. Rest assured, I will update this topic from time to time.

You don't even have to spend a fortune to varies your books collection. I'm a firm believer of 'Frugalicious', so I am always on the lookout for Book Sales, Book Exhibition, 2nd-hand books shops via brick & mortar as well as those onlines & even in Book Section at HyperMart like Giant & Tesco, you'll be surprised! :P (mataku cepat nampak buku2 ni :>)...Make the effort & it guarantees that you will find many treasures just in books alone.

Make books available everywhere, like me, we stock up 4 to 5 of baby Hambali's books in the car & I'll remind his big brother Hanafi to bring 2 to 3 books in his bag so that he will get himself occupied if there's no other activity when we'rw out & about.

If you ask me to choose between book or toy for MyBoys, without hesitation, I will answer BOOK.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...