Nuffnang

Welcome Notes from the Author

This Blog is solely private property of Hanz & TheHoneybunch.All the contents are based on the life we lead and sharing from what I learnt & read. We love homeschool and are happily homeschooling our boys aged 7, 3 and a baby for the past 7 years.

We welcome you to share as we would never stop learning because we believe the world is our classroom. Thank you.



Friday, March 18, 2011

Classical Music is not only soothing but there's more to it!


I was introduced to Classical Music at the tender age of 16 by my ex-classmates cum good friend. At first, it did'nt make sense to me why she was so into Classical Music until I heard it myself after surrendered to her much coaxing. Initially, I could not tolerate with music without singing as at that point of time, music was another gateway for me to improve my English language grasp so listening to Roxette, Color Me Badd, Mariah Carey, New Kids On The Block managed to assist me so-so.



My friend collected Classical cassette (boy, how much technology has evolved) & I was curious somehow. So I borrowed few of her collection cassettes and after some time it 'hit' me! I was smitten.

I used my pocket money to buy two to three blank tapes, headed to my elder sister's house over the weekend so I could do the dubbing of my friend's classical cassettes. Officially, I have developed the likings of Chopin, Strauss, Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart, Tchaikovsky & many more. I've read & owned several autobiography books too on Chopin, Mozart, Beethoven & Tchaikovsky & had seen a movie about the lives of Chopin & Strauss.

At present, my boys has develop the likings of classical music too, definitely their Mama as the great influencer. Even dear hubby loves listening to them as well.While both of them were inside my womb, I purposely put on the classical music near to my bump. While we are on the road, from time to time classical music would be accompanying us.

Among my favourites and I love to recommend it to you are :-

The Four Seasons by Vivaldi

Fur Elise in A Minor by Beethoven

Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky

Minuet in G Major by Bach

Symphony No 5 in C Major by Beethoven

Piano Concerto No.1 in B flat minor Op.23 by Tchaikovsky

Piano Sonata in A Major : Allegro by Mozart

Fantaisie-Impromptu in C Sharp Minor, Op. 66 by Chopin

Nocturne in E Flat, Op. 9,No.2 by Chopin

As you know that I used a lot of educational vcds for both my boys, here's some vcds & cds that I likely to recommend that has a nice, soothing classical music whether as a background music or just by itself.

As for myself, the utmost above picture is a must-have CD that I played frequently in the office & inside the car.

If you want to know why I truly emphasises listening to classical music, here's some great articles that tells it all. Just click away! :>


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...